Friday 14 August 2015

Birthday Part 3



I was shocked that my sister was calling me considering we had spoken first thing this morning, she had rang me wishing me a happy birthday and she had hoped she could have come out but I reassured her that I would be seeing her for her birthday next month.

“Briarleigh what’s going on?” was all I said and I heard her mumbled something, probably something along the lines of don’t call me that.

“I stuffed up, I stuffed up big and I don’t know how to fix it and I’m really sorry. I don’t want to lose you, I can’t deal with mum by myself, I need you and I need you to forgive me” I could tell she was crying and she was rambling, I had no idea what she was on about.

“Woah, calm down Lee. What is going on, what happened?”

She then went on to explain what happened in between her hysterics and me telling her to breathe and calm down but the longer the story went on the worse my mood got.

Long story short, Lee had come home drunk one night while being out with her friends and our mother had rang her. They got into an argument and it ended with Lee telling her that even I hated her that much that I had moved apartments and not told her, Lee didn’t tell her where I was living now so that was something but it was enough for our mother to hire someone to find out where I was living, guess that explains how Nathan knew where I was.

“Dri I’m so sorry”

“It’s fine Lee, it’s not your fault. Look I’m out for dinner with some friends, I will ring you tomorrow alright? Just get some sleep and turn your phone off, I love you”

“I love you too” I hung up on her and placed my head in my hands.

I didn’t know how I was going to deal with this, my mother and Nathan were starting to piss me off completely. If it wasn’t Lee I would cut my mother out of my life completely but until Lee graduates I can’t.

The one time I threatened to cut my mother out of my life she used Lee as a bargaining chip, she said she would stop paying for Lee’s college fees. Lee is smart, incredibly smart but once the college found out my family had money, well they decided to only offer her a part scholarship and our mother is paying the rest.

If I could afford to pay the rest of her fee’s I would but I can’t, so I play nice until her graduation and I’m counting the days.

I feel bad for Lee, I really do. As soon as I graduated high school, I left. I left her alone at home with the monster we call out our mother but I couldn’t stay, not after everything that happened in the months prior, I was constantly getting yelled at and getting the blame for everything but I couldn’t help it, I had nothing to do with it.

It was in the those months before I left I was spending more time at either Sutton or Emery’s house hoping to get away from my mother but countless phone calls from Lee in tears was always enough for me to turn around and come right back home.

“Is everything alright?” I heard Spencer’s voice as he wrapped his arms around my waist and softly kissed the back of my neck.

I let out a sigh before turning around and facing him, “this is something we should talk about later”

“Is Lee alright?” I guess he had seen my phone and who was calling me.

“She’s fine, just freaked out, again this is something we should talk about later” he nodded and grabbed my hand to lead me back to the table.

The rest of the dinner was perfect, no one mentioned Nathan or anything else that was a bad topic of discussion and aside from the small number of incidents I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday and the surprise of seeing Spencer made everything all that much better.

Spencer and I had made it back to the apartment and I was in the bathroom first, I was curled up in the bed when Spencer immerged from the bathroom. He took one look at me before switching the light off and lying down beside me.

“You ready to talk about what happened today?” Spencer spoke and I was silent at first as I pulled his arms tighter around me.

I was hoping he would want to go straight to sleep after the day he’s had but I was wrong.

“Dri...” Spencer spoke softly before leaning down and softly kissing the back of my neck and I let out a soft moan.

When he stopped I rolled over and pouted at him but he gave me a stern look. “Why do you care, you left”

“Not by choice Dri”

“Fine, you broke up with me then”

“Dri don’t be like this” I pulled away from him, I didn’t want to deal with this. I knew what would happen if I told him what happened with Lee and I knew he wouldn’t be happy about this.

“Don’t be like what? You broke up with me how the hell do I know I’m just not going to get my heart broken again, why should I let you in?”

“Dri…” he started to speak but the glare I shot him was enough to shut him up long enough to realise what I was doing. “What are you doing?” I ignored him as I grabbed my pillow and the blanket before getting off the bed.

“Sleeping on the couch” I snapped at him before heading for the door.

“Dri don’t be stupid come back here or at least you sleep here and I will sleep on the couch” I ignored him and continued my way out to the living room before making myself comfortable on the couch.

I was on the couch tossing and turning for who knows how long not being able to fall asleep, before Spencer had broken up with me and left I always hated fighting with him and it never lasted long when we did fight.

I twisted my body and looked towards the doorway hoping I would see Spencer standing there but when I didn’t I took a deep breathe before standing up and heading back into the bedroom. I stopped in the doorway and found Spencer laying on his side facing the wall and I had no idea if he was awake or not.

I quietly walked over and laid down beside Spencer and him rolling over and wrapping his arm around me was enough to let me know that he was awake like I was.

“I love you Dri please don’t ever forget that and if I wasn’t in London I would be here proving to you that I do love you and nothing has changed and I regret my choice of requesting that break, and it’s not because of Nathan. I missed you like crazy and I regret that mistake so much” I rolled over and looked up at him seeing how much love was written across his face.

I knew him being in London pushed my concerns of getting hurt again to the side because I didn’t know what would happen when he came back or even when he comes back.

“I’m sorry I snapped at you, I didn’t want to ruin the small amount of time I do have with you” I frowned at him but he shook his head before giving me a small smile and softly kissing me.

“I know baby, it’s fine now what happened today?” he spoke before lying down beside me and wrapping his arm tightly around my waist and I took in the comfort he was giving me.

“So the guy on our way in was that guy I had a couple of dates with before Alec barged in and ruin it, I haven’t heard from him since then”

“Alright well what’s going on with your sister?”

I took a deep breathe before launching into the story of what happened on the phone with Lee, I could tell he wasn’t happy but there was nothing he could do. He had seen on numerous occasions how she treats us and knew at some point it was bound to happen.

“Is Lee alright?”

“She’s fine Spence, just freaked out. She was worried I was going to hate her, I told her why I moved and she sort of understands”

“I know this baby, don’t stress. I’m sure everything will be fine” Spencer spoke before pulling me close to him and I knew this was the end of the conversation and he wasn’t happy with it

1 comment:

  1. I feel like Dri deserves another birthday. Kinda feel like drama ruined it. Wish she could just run off with Spence to London, don't think Nathan would follow but I understand not wanting to leave her sis
    http://whosetheoneforme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete