Monday 22 June 2015

Confusion



It has been a week since the letter from Nathan turned up and a week since I had seen Spencer, sometimes this was normal for us. Spencer would be busy with work, I would be busy with work or sometimes we would be busy with our own friends. It was fine, we both agreed it was normal and if it happened then we would deal with it.

But this time it felt different, it was almost like he was avoiding me. I didn’t know if I was overanalysing everything because of the letter from Nathan but there was something in the back of my head telling me that Spencer didn’t know how to be supportive over this whole Nathan thing. The whole time I’ve known Spencer I haven’t heard a word about Nathan, yes my mother would bring him up over dinner when we went out there but other than that it was silent.

So tonight I decided to turn up and surprise him, I came home from work showered and got dressed putting on the lingerie I bought earlier in the week as well as the tight red dress that he loved seeing me wear so much and Sutton hated that I hadn’t gotten rid of it yet. Once my hair and make-up was done I headed down to the street and hailed a cab handing over Spencer’s address.

When I entered Spencer’s apartment I could hear him talking and just assumed he was on the phone, I put my bag down and headed towards the back and I found him sitting in his office with his back to me. I leaned against the door frame hoping to surprise him when he finally turned around.

When Spencer spun around on his chair he was shocked at seeing me there and I smiled at him, “Sorry Alec I’ve got to go, I’ve got a smoking hot girl standing in the doorway” my smile grew at that

Alec must have said something causing Spencer to laugh, “oh of course Dri doesn’t know about the girl” he winked at me and I knew Alec was teasing him.

Alec and Spencer were best friends, I swear those two can’t go a week without seeing each other but Alec had always made jokes at Spencer about how I was too hot for him and I would have to be an idiot if I didn’t say those jokes didn’t make me feel more confident.

“So what do I owe the pleasure of this visit, surely you know what that dress does to me” Spencer spoke as I walked closer to him once he got off the phone.

“I haven’t seen you in a week” I spoke softly before leaning over and softly kissing his neck

“I’ve been busy with work, I still am busy with work babe”

I stood up and reached around to grab the zipper of the dress and undo letting the dress slip to the ground, Spencer’s eyes went wide at the sight. “Are you still busy with work babe?”

Spencer leaned his head back on the chair and a groan of frustration came out, I took the hint and picked up my dress putting it back on.

“Babe come back here” Spencer finally spoke when I was at the door to leave his office, I turned and looked at him but didn’t move closer to him. “I’m sorry alright, give me an hour to finish up and then I’m all yours”

“No it’s fine, I will go and you can just call me when your finished being busy” I spoke but didn’t move from the doorway, Spencer must have realised this and he stood up from his desk and made his way over to me.
He stopped in front of me and placed a hand on my neck, “Adrianna, I’m sorry alright but work has been hectic. Normally you have no problem with this, what’s going on?”

“Nothing…” I trailed off but he didn’t question it, he just softly kissed me.

“Look I promise, only an hour. There is wine in the fridge…”

“Why is there wine in the fridge?” I cut him off and I knew how it came across and it shouldn’t have come across that way. I didn’t mean to accuse him of anything

Spencer ran a hand through his hair dropping his other hand from my neck, “if you stopped jumping to conclusions and let me finish. I was saying there is wine in the fridge, I was planning on inviting you over for dinner tomorrow to make up for not seeing you all week. I saw the bottle the other day and grabbed it, it’s been in the fridge ever since”

“I’m sorry babe”

“It’s fine honestly, an hour is all I need I promise” I nodded and he kissed my forehead before turning around and heading back to his desk, I stayed there for a couple of moments smiling at him and I didn’t leave until he looked up from his paperwork and raised an eyebrow at me.

I left and headed towards the kitchen and opened the fridge shocked at the wine in there, it was my absolute favourite. We had it at his sister’s wedding a year ago and I fell in love with it, I asked her what the wine was and when I found it in the store I decided I didn’t love it that much and decided to stick to my much cheaper options.

Spencer stuck to his word and an hour later he joined me out in the living room saying he will sit through any movie I wanted but we barely made it 30 minutes in until we were heavily making out on his couch.

2 comments:

  1. Great story thus far but I must stress how important proof reading is. Sometimes a second set of eyes is the key to a flawless post! Best of luck! Looking forward to more Dri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I know that proof reading is important and I do read over my posts a couple of times before they are posted as for a second set of eyes, I don't have that.

      But I'm glad you are enjoying it and looking forward to hearing more about Dri

      Delete