Wednesday 25 May 2016

Looking Into The Future



“Where are we going?” I questioned Spencer but all he did was laugh in response.

I was currently blindfolded, I had no idea what he had in mind for our date tonight and I would lying if I said I wasn’t slightly nervous.

“I love you, you know that right?” Spencer whispered in my ear, he had pulled the car over at wherever we were. If it wasn’t for the blindfold I would glare at him.

I turned my head away from him, “if you loved me, you wouldn’t blindfold me like this.”

Things had been great between Spencer and I once we got past everything that came out during our last joint therapy session, we had both been in the wrong at one point or another in our relationship. We both had to work to try and put that hurt and anger aside so it wouldn’t ruin our relationship any more than it had.

Now we both just had to work out our own issues in our separate therapy sessions.

“Oh come on, don’t be like this. It’s a surprise, why can’t I do this for you?” he placed a hand under my jaw and forced me to look at him even though I can’t see him but I crossed my arms.

“Oh I don’t know, maybe the fact that you turned up at my apartment and told me you had plans for us. You told me to shower and get dressed before blindfolding me, come on Spence I know you’re into some kinky shit but if you’re dragging me to a BDSM club I won’t be happy.”

“I’m the one into BDSM? Your book library on your phone is full of that shit…” I felt the blush crept up my face and he laughed at me before kissing my forehead.

I might enjoy reading some of those books, although the books he was referring too not all of them were BDSM but it’s not something Spence and I had ever experimented with. Yes we’ve played with handcuffs and other stuff but nothing like that.

“I promise you, it’s nothing like. It’s a date that may hopefully end up with us having sex but I don’t think it will.”

“Why, what have you planned? Everyone knows it’s not normal for us to not have sex,” I questioned and at first he was silent, I was scared he had snuck out and left me here alone but then he placed his hand on my arm.

“You’re right, it’s not normal. Just wait and see what I have planned, just wait there and I will help you out on the other side.” I nodded at him and it wasn’t long until he was around at my side of the car and opened the door helping me out.

I still had no idea where we were going, I know at one point we had gotten into an elevator but I was more confused than ever.

It wasn’t until I heard the rustling of keys that I pulled on Spencer’s hand, “please don’t tell me we’re breaking into someone’s apartment.” I hissed at him and he laughed.

I knew he was still living with Alec and I knew there wouldn’t be any reason Alec would have left the apartment empty for the night unless he had a date. It’s why Spencer and I spent so much time at my apartment, because he was too damn fussy to find something of his own.

“Nope, I promise we aren’t and don’t worry, I didn’t kick Alec out of his own apartment. In fact all I did was drive around the block a couple of times before pulling back up near your apartment.” He teased and even though he couldn’t see it I rolled my eyes.

“You didn’t, that’s the most idiotic thing I’ve heard and come on Spence, I’ve heard a lot from you.”

He didn’t say anything as he pulled me into where we were going and I heard the door shut, it was followed by him wrapping his arms around me from behind.

“Was it idiotic when I told you that I loved you for the first time? Or when I told you that I wanted you in my future, not anyone else?” that was when I tensed up.

He couldn’t be could he? I know he’s said before that he could see us getting married in the future and he wanted all that that comes with it with me. But could he really be proposing right now, tonight?

He let out a sigh before softly kissing my neck, “I’m not proposing tonight, I’m sorry if I freaked you out. I promise Dri, no proposal tonight.”

Even though he couldn’t see it, there was a smile on my face and I felt butterflies in my stomach. He said no proposal tonight, and that was a good sign right? It meant after everything we’ve been through he still wanted to marry me at some point in the future.

“Alright enough of this, come with me.” he laced his fingers with mine before pulling me forward and I was now incredibly curious as to what he had planned.

He finally stopped us walking and pulled the blind fold away and I was shocked at the scene, there was a picnic set up on the floor with lit candles placed in the room.

I turned and looked at Spencer with my mouth opened, I had no words for what he has done. It was perfect and amazing and I just don’t know how to put it into words.

“Do you like it babe?” worry laced his voice, I couldn’t believe he was that concerned because it wasn’t like he hasn’t done something like this before.

“No Spence…I love it. It’s perfect, why did you do this?” I questioned, having no idea what the reasoning behind this was.

He flashed me a smile before pulling me close, “I have two reasons. One because I can, it’s been too long since we’ve done something like this, we’ve both been so busy with work lately and two, it doesn’t matter and I know it doesn’t mean anything anymore but if we hadn’t of broken up…”

“Hah! So you admit we broke up,” I grinned at him and he shook his head with a low growl escaping his lips.

“Don’t interrupt me, we agreed to break up when I told you I was moving to London, that is what I was referring too. As I was saying, if we hadn’t broken up. Today would have been our anniversary, I know you aren’t the biggest fan but after everything we’ve been through in the last twelve months, I really wanted to do something tonight. I believe that after everything we will be fine, we’ve agreed to therapy to get past the last couple of hurdles. But I love you, I want to show you that I love you and I wanted to tell you all of this while having a night like this.”

My eyes welled up as I smiled at him and I leaned up on my toes so I was closer to his face, “are you sure you weren’t planning on proposing tonight, because that sounded like one to me.”

“Trust me baby,” I scrunched my face up, I was having a problem with the whole ‘baby’ nickname because both Damon and Nathan called me that and right now, I just couldn’t stomach it. “Sorry, if I was proposing it would be a hell of a lot better than that.”

“We’ll see, we’ve now had two moments where I’ve believed you are proposing. I don’t know how you are going to top them.”

He grinned at me before pressing his lips against mine and tightening his grip on my waist, “come on let’s eat.” He pulled away and led me over to the blanket so we could eat.

“Okay so I have one more surprise,” we had finished eating not long ago and we were just sitting here looking out the windows talking when Spencer threw this one at me.

“Really?” I grinned at him and he nodded before standing up and holding a hand out for me to help me up.

“Yes and again I’m going to have to cover your eyes so no peaking,” I frowned as he stepped behind me and placed a hand over my eyes and began leading me somewhere.

I stayed silent hoping to hear anything to give away the surprise but I couldn’t hear anything, all I could hear was our footsteps and breathing. It wasn’t until I heard a door opening that I heard a strange noise, I knew I’ve heard it before but I couldn’t place it.

Spencer removed his hand and once again I was speechless at what was in front of me.

2 comments:

  1. Is it a puppy or something?! That was totally my first thought, but I am probably way off. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you will find out in the next post :)

    ReplyDelete