Thursday 28 April 2016

First Fights



A bonus post for you all, since I was able to get a bit more writing done this week and it's a thank you for sticking with my lack of posting schedule for the last couple of posts. 

 

I had my head resting against the wall of my shower while the hot water pounded down on my back, this past week had been stressful and I wouldn’t even know how to begin it explain.

Part of it was work, part of it was my relationship my sister and my mother and the last part which held most of it, was the letter I had been given from Lee stating my mother had wrote it.

I hadn’t opened the letter, I just left it sitting there on my dresser taunting me every day when I walked past it and mind you, I walked past it a number of times a day.

I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I instantly jumped away from them, I panicked at the thought of someone getting into my apartment and cornering me in the shower.

I turned around and found Spencer standing there looking worried, I hit him across the chest. “What the hell are you doing here!” I screeched at him before climbing out of the shower and grabbing a towel.

“Oh come on babe, we could have a lot of fun in here.” I glared at him as he raised his eyebrow and gave me a suggestive look.

“How the hell did you get in here Spencer?” I hissed at him and he finally got the hint that I wasn’t happy with his surprise visit.

“With your spare key, I’ve still got Emery’s.” He grabbed the towel from me and wrapped it around his waist and I scoffed in response.

“I call bull, Emery let herself in last night with the spare key. There is no way you saw her last night or this morning.” I watched as he scrubbed his face with his hands.

I was beginning to hate myself has my eyes took in his body standing there like that, I wanted to stay angry at him because I had a feeling how exactly he got into my apartment and I wasn’t happy about it.

“I made a spare key babe,” that was what I thought and I wasn’t happy about that.

“Why? What gave you the reason I wanted you to have a spare key? Maybe it was the reason I didn’t give it to you in the first place!” I yelled at him before going to storm out of the bathroom but he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

“And in the first place we weren’t dating, we are. I had a key last time, you had no problem last time when I let myself in and joined you in the shower.” He spoke softly but I could tell he was slightly angry.

“Yes well last time I didn’t have someone push their way into my own apartment and beat me till I was unconscious!” I snapped at him, I didn’t understand why he didn’t understand why I was hesitant to give him a key.

“Well thank fuck we have our first appointment with the therapist tomorrow.” He let go of my arm as he walked past me and over to where the letter was still sitting. “Are you going to read this too? Are you just going to ignore it like you do everything else?”

If he was going to be like this then maybe I will ignore him like he thinks I do everything else, I’m just glad it was Sunday and I didn’t have any plans today. I could just march straight past him into the kitchen with the towel still wrapped around me.

“Are you seriously going to ignore me now?”

“Why not? You seem to think I’m perfect for ignoring the things that are bothering me, you’re the latest. You let yourself into my apartment with a key I didn’t say you could have, how can you not see what is wrong with that?”

“Fine, here. See if I fucking care, I will see you tomorrow Dri.” Spencer threw the key on my kitchen counter before going back into my room and getting dressed and leaving.

I couldn’t believe the whole time I just stood there silently watching him leave, I was frozen to my spot and I couldn’t believe I just let him walk out like that.

I stood there for a moment after I heard the front door slam shut, I quickly wiped away tears before going and getting dressed and curling up on the couch watching Netflix with the idea of resuming my shower long gone.

Spencer’s POV

My day was turning foul and it wasn’t even 10am yet.

How do you tell your own mother to fuck off when she tries to convince you that you would be better off marrying one of your father’s business partner’s daughter?

I knew my mother hated Dri but come on, did she really have to suggest something like that?

I was on the phone for almost two hours to my mother and Serena, I don’t even know why Serena thought this was such a great deal because it didn’t affect her life.

And to top it all off this morning that stupid bitch they were trying to set me up with turned at up at Alec’s apartment, he took one look at me before realising that I was pissed off by the girl turning up.

I knew exactly who she was, we’ve met before in a number of occasions and she has always shown her interest in me but I haven’t been interested in her, she wasn’t my type.

The only thing she had in common with my type of girl was the hair but even then hers was fake, everything about her fake and it made me physically ill.

“What are you doing here Rose?” I snapped at her and she made her way into the apartment.

“Your mother wants me to give you this,” she held out a small box and I instantly recognised it because it looked very similar to the one I was still hiding in one of the draws here.

“Keep it because it’s not going to happen, I don’t know why all of a sudden this has started up again but when are you going to realise that I won’t marry you Rose? I have a girlfriend who I love deeply and if I hadn’t have fucked up like I did then hopefully we would be engaged.” Her eyes went wide for a moment before she recovered and flashed me a smile but all I could do was roll my eyes.

“But baby she can’t give you what I can,” she pressed her body closer to mine and I couldn’t believe what she was suggesting.

“Just leave Rose, as I told my mother last night and a million times in the past as well as you. I will not marry you. Even if I didn’t have Dri, I wouldn’t marry you, ever.” I snarled at her before opening the door hoping she would leave and never come back.

“When the hell did Rose come back into the picture?” Alec spoke as soon as I slammed the door.

“Last night, my mother thinks it would be best if the two of us got married.”

“I could see Dri having a field day with this,” he smirked at and I flipped him off. “Speaking of my beautiful girlfriend, I’m going to see her. I’ll be back later.”

I let myself into Dri’s apartment knowing full she would question how I had let myself in but I just wanted to hold her, there may have been moments where my anger got the better of me and I almost lost it but Dri. God she was special, just holding her had always seemed to calm me down.

But there was one thing that always back fired, when we were both in a foul mood and that was what it was today.

I didn’t mean for things to go the way they did with Dri, I hated myself as soon as I stepped out of her apartment building but there was nothing I could do.

I was too damn stubborn and proud to walk back in there with my tail between my legs so to speak.

I just hoped tomorrow when we had our first appointment with the therapist and I finally saw her, we’ve both had the chance to calm down so we can talk openly about what happened.

I knew it was a stupid move making a spare of her key but I had never planned to use it unless I deemed it necessary.

She was right after the trial, I wasn’t coping with the fact that I almost lost her. I’m protective over what’s mine and it didn’t matter if Dri was with someone else, she still owned my heart and seeing her on the ground like she was damn near killed me. I sure as hell don’t want to see that happen again.

I hoped a punching bag would be able to get rid of some of the anger and frustration I had because this afternoon I had an appointment with a retailor looking at an apartment I finally found and it was perfect. I just hoped Dri found it perfect as well when I finally showed her.

That reminds me, I need to find out where I can find the present I want to get Dri.

No comments:

Post a Comment