Monday 9 November 2015

Am I Always This Stupid?



“Dri where the hell are you?” I heard Emery’s voice but I ignored her. I had been ignoring both her and Sutton’s attempts at speaking to me.

I got home only two days ago. I had originally wanted nothing more than to talk to my two best friends but getting home and stepping foot in the apartment, well let’s say everything snapped.

I wanted out of Spencer’s apartment. I don’t know why I was stupid enough to move in here. Why didn’t I just find a new apartment? I had been thinking about looking for one that was slightly bigger anyway, so this is what I had been doing for two days, apartment hunting.

“Jeez, Dri. Why have you been ignoring me? I know Sutton hasn’t spoken to you either.” I looked up realising that Emery had found me hiding in my room.

“Go away Emery.” I snapped, instantly regretting that decision.

“No! I’ve got no idea what the hell happened when you went back home but it doesn’t give you the right to talk to me like this, or even ignore both me and Sutton!” Emery yelled at me. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

“Dri, what is going on?” Emery walked over and sat beside me on the bed.

“I just can’t deal with this right now.” I know she can tell I’m hiding something from her and I don’t know how she will react to it.

“Give me this.” Emery made a reach for the laptop.

“No don’t…” but it was useless, Emery was too quick.

I stayed quiet as I sat there watching Emery look over the screen. I knew she would have seen that I was looking at apartments but she hadn’t said anything and I was getting worried.

“Here. This one is good.” She handed the laptop back and I was shocked that she didn’t question what I was doing.

“What…?” I asked not even looking at what she picked out.

“Dri, I’ve known you pretty much my whole life. Our dads’ were best friends and partners. I know you extremely well. I know I can’t always push things out of you like we can with Sutton and I am sorry for yelling at you. Something obviously happened and the fact that you are searching for a new apartment isn’t a good sign. Now let me help you.” I nodded and finally looked at the apartment she had pulled up.

“I ran into Nathan.” I finally said. It was the first thing that wasn’t related to apartment hunting.

Emery looked up and I could tell she was shocked. I waited a few moments for the shock to wear off before I proceeded to tell her everything that happened, including finding out the truth about Damon and what Nathan said about Spencer.

“Dri, you can’t believe Nathan about Spencer. There is no way I would believe that. Come on, it’s Spencer! Is that what this is all about? You want to move out of his apartment because you believe Nathan made him bug it?”

“You think Nathan would bug the apartment?” I screeched and I watched as Emery placed her head in her hands.

“Dri, you are being an idiot. If we were in a movie this would be the moment I slap you across the face for saying something stupid.”

“But Nathan said…” I tried to explain to Emery but she cut me off.

“Don’t Dri. Don’t you dare let Nathan start manipulating you all over again. Just remember what happened in high school. I would have thought after everything that happened you wouldn’t be so stupid as to believe him again”

“No you don’t understand, Nathan said there’s someone in my life that is spying. What if it is Spencer? Look at everything I put Spencer through. Why would someone stick around through it all?”

Emery was quite for a moment before shaking her head, “Dri, you aren’t seeing reason. Spencer stuck around through it all because he loves you, not because Nathan asked him too. Spencer believed you about everything that happened, he has always picked your side. You can’t believe some asshole without talking to Spencer.”

“I can’t talk to Spencer about this, I don’t trust anyone right now and I don’t…” but I couldn’t finish, that was when I broke down in tears.

2 comments:

  1. I wish Spencer would just come back for good. I seriously don't think he has any ties to Nathan - I wish Dri would really open up and communicate with her friends/Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously this blog is not a priority to you anymore. You've been pretty wishy-washy ever since a few of your readers gave you constructive criticism. Really disappointed, because I really had been enjoying this blog.

    ReplyDelete